Better for Skaters, Better for the Earth.
Skatelite products are made out of paper content derived from recycled and sustainably harvested forests certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®). Skatelite goes to great lengths to minimize its impact on the planet through its manufacturing process. It’s certified as a clean air manufacturer and uses an energy efficient WE (Waste to Energy) processes reduces natural gas consumption by 83% and captures, reuses waste in the paper drying process.
Skatelite’s exclusive saturation equipment captures energy from the manufacturing process and recycles it back into the heating system as energy.
2. Exhaust from the drying tower is captured and cooled to 230°F (110°C) by ambient air
3. The cooled exhaust enters the heat exchanger at 230°F (110°C) and is heated to 600°F (315°C) as it passes 900°F (482°C) air (see step 5)
4. A catalytic bed destroys 99.99% of VOC’s which generates clean 900°F (482°C) air
5. Part of the 900°F (482°C) air is sent back through the heat exchanger, cooling it to 400°F (204°C)
6. The remaining 900°F (482°C) clean air is captured and returned to the drying tower – bypassing the heat exchanger
7. Before exiting to the atmosphere, 30% of the 400°F (204°C) air is directed back to the drying tower
8. Combining the 900°F (482°C) air with the 400°F (204°C) air equalizes to 600°F (315°C), which is recycled into the drying tower, eliminating the need for an additional heat source and creating self-sustaining energy